- The error message “Dying Light has stopped working” appears when you start the program.
- Crashes are one of the most common problems Dying Light players face.
- Culprits for crashes and startup problems include bad graphics card drivers, Windows 10 compatibility issues, anti-virus interference, corrupt or missing game files, and over-overclocking settings.
There are players around the world who are amazed by Dying Light, a unique open-world game with survival, horror, and adventure elements. However, there are also players who are not as amazed as they are as crashing occurs frequently in the game.
Many players complain about the crash of Dying Light. The error message “Dying Light has stopped working” appears when you start the program. If you’re having trouble solving the problem, you’ve come to the right place. This Techquack post explores several effective troubleshooting methods.
In Windows 10, the file directory for VIDEO.SCR may be different from what you see in the screenshot.
Dying Light is a sci-fi first-person action and survival game. Since its release by Warner Bros. in 2015, the game has caught the attention of many players around the world. However, some users are still facing the problem of Dying Light crashing. Don’t worry about it. While it’s incredibly frustrating, you’re certainly not the only person who knows about this problem. Thousands of players have been reporting the exact same problem lately. Moreover, you should be able to solve the problem quite easily.
Why does Windows Dying Light cause Windows to crash?
Dying Light 2 Keeps Crashing Pc
For many users with systems that meet Dying Light 2 requirements, this has been reported to fix the issue. The easiest way to do this is to right-click on Dying Light 2 in Steam, select properties, and enter “/nolightfx” without the quotation marks in the launch options box. Try launching the game after this to see if it fixes the problem.
It launched today as a zombie parkour first-person kicker, which was accompanied by over 1,000 fixes. The patch didn’t go as smoothly as it should have. Even with it, players have found that clicking on “New Game” causes them to crash immediately to the desktop, which isn’t ideal.
Many Dying Light players report that the game crashes after launch or every 5-20 minutes. Crash issues are one of the most common problems Dying Light players face.
Why Does Dying Light 2 Keep Crashing
You may need to open the Steam properties of the game once again in order to validate your game files once again. If a file gets corrupted or removed, the game can crash without any explanation. Click the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button in the local files tab. In this way, all missing or corrupted files will be scanned and re-downloaded.
You can boost your computer’s performance by overclocking CPUs, GPUs, or even RAM memory frequency during the gaming session, which will enhance your computer’s performance.
In addition to graphics card drivers and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files, anti-virus interference, corrupt or missing game files, and overclocking settings, there are many causes of crashes and startup problems.
A restart of the computer may be the best way to resolve issues if the system requirements are not the cause.
Before moving on, we recommend downloading the latest update via Steam, as game developers normally release fixes for certain bugs on a regular basis. No matter what you do, please make sure to download the latest update via Steam.
How do you fix the Dying Light crash
The performance of your computer can be dramatically enhanced by overclocking your CPU, GPU or RAM memory. This can boost the performance of your computer and make various games play more smoothly.
The downside to overclocking is that it can be dangerous and lead to various problems. The game can be unstable and power-outdated, as well as incompatibility issues. It is therefore important to stop overclocking when playing Dying Light. To stop overclocking, use the same software you used to overclock!
Reset the 3D settings on the NVIDIA control board.
NVIDIA graphics card users can use this method to solve the problem. Simply reset all settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel, and check to see if gameplay crashes while playing Dying Light.
- Right-click on the desktop and select “NVIDIA Control Panel” from the pop-up menu. Alternatively, you can open the “Run” function by pressing Windows + R. Enter “control.exe” and click OK. You can also search for “Control Panel” using the Windows + R key combo.
- You can open the NVIDIA Control Panel by right-clicking on the NVIDIA Control Panel entry in the Control Panel’s Show by Large or Small option.
- Left-click on the “Manage 3D Settings” entry to expand the 3D Settings menu.
- In the upper right corner of the window, click Restore Defaults once the area is open.
When you restart your computer and reopen Dying Light, confirm the dialogs that appear and see if the game keeps crashing!
Resetting or updating video card drivers
In Dying Light, updating or resetting video card drivers can solve a lot of problems. Please update your video card drivers if you encountered this issue after installing the game. The problem may have been caused by an outdated video card driver. If, however, you recently updated your drivers and they started crashing, please go back to the last working version and wait for the new driver! Here are a few steps to follow!
- Press Windows + R to open the Device Manager, then type “devmgmt.msc” before clicking OK to open it. Be sure to use the Start menu to search for the Device Manager.
- The “Display Adapters” section can be enlarged by clicking the arrow next to it.
Update Driver :
- The best way to install the latest video card driver is to right-click the driver in Device Manager, then select “Uninstall Device.” By confirming any messages that appear, you’ll be able to update and install the latest driver for the video card.
- You can find the driver you want on the manufacturer’s website. Download it, run the installer from the Downloads folder, and check if the Luminary crashes.
Back up your driver:
- Select Properties from the pop-up menu that appears when you right-click the driver for your video card. This will take you back to a previous version of the driver that didn’t crash.
- The “Reset driver” option can be found in the “Drivers” tab.
You can reload the driver by clicking on the Reload Driver option and following the instructions on the screen.
- In either case, check to see if the Luminary has crashed yet! If the option is grayed out, this means that the previous driver was not installed recently.
Use Windows 7 compatibility mode to run the game.
There is currently no official support for Dying Light on Windows 10 with its previous release, but it should still be playable. For those who encounter crashing issues, they should try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7!
- The Steam icon can also be found on your desktop if you search for it in the Start menu.
- You can find Dying Light in the list of games installed on your computer by opening Steam and then going to Library, then Properties.
- The game installation folder can be accessed by clicking the Local Files tab in the Properties window.
- You can also find the game shortcut on the desktop and select Open File Location if you didn’t install the game via Steam. The default installation location is : C:Program Files (x86)Steam applicationDyingLight.
- You can find “DyingLightGame.exe” in the “Dying Light” folder by right-clicking it, selecting “Properties”, then selecting “Compatibility”.
- Ensure “Run this program in Windows 7 compatibility mode” is checked in the “Compatibility Mode” tab, then click “OK”. When playing Dying Light, see if the problem persists!
Turn off your onboard audio device
Using an external playback device to play audio on your computer or laptop instead of your car’s built-in audio device is a good idea if your car has an audio device that is standard. This may sound silly, but it’s helped many people solve collision problems. Don’t be afraid to give it a try!
- You can access Sounds from the menu that appears when you right-click on the volume icon in the taskbar (right side of the taskbar, bottom right corner).
- By pressing the Windows + R keyboard combination or by searching for the control panel, you can open it as well.
The Control Panel will be opened once you click “.exe”.
- Scroll down the Control Panel until you see “Sound”. Left-click on it, as in “View by” and then “Large or small icons”.
- The default device is usually identified by the Playback tab. Find the device identified by the main driver and click the Properties button below it.
- If Dying Light doesn’t work on your computer, click the General tab and select Don’t use this device (disable).
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Unplug your external devices from the power outlet.
- Disable power management in the connected state.
- Update the available drivers.
- Run a system file analysis.
- Scan for malware and viruses.
- Deactivate the quick start.
- Restore the previous state.
An overheated computer is the most common cause of accidental crashes. When your PC or laptop doesn't have enough air circulation, the hardware gets too hot and stops working properly, causing it to crash. The more you use your PC, the more heat the processor and hard drive generate.
The System File Checker tool can help you repair corrupted system files and resolve the failure. If you can't start your computer in normal mode, first start it in safe mode using the command line.
Updating or reloading video card drivers is a good way to solve many crashing problems in games, and Dying Light is no exception. If the problem occurred immediately after installing the game, your video card drivers may be too old to support the game, and we recommend that you update them.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.