This article will show you some useful and practical ways to fix Logitech Speaker in Windows 10. Basically, it talks about how to check the speaker hardware, update the Logitech Speaker driver and install it by default.
It is very important to us that Logitech Speaker or other speakers work due to their necessary use. However, we often find that Logitech Speakerphone in Windows 10 stops working after updating or upgrading Windows 10. That’s why people are always so worried that they are looking for a way to fix Logitech Speakerphone without sound problems.
This article is about what to do when a “Logitech Speaker doesn’t work” problem occurs when you are using a Logitech PC Sound Speaker, Logitech Bluetooth Speaker, or Logitech Surround Sound Speaker.
Why don’t Logitech speakers work on Windows?
When Logitech speakers don’t work, it’s very annoying and can be caused by a number of factors. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Audio enhancements are disabled.
- The default format is too low.
- The sound driver is corrupt or outdated.
To solve the problem, some effective ways are collected in the following content.
How do I fix Logitech speakers that don’t work in Windows?
Change the default speaker format
If your speakers work in any way, but the sound they produce is loud and of poor quality, you should check to see if the sample rate is too low. Windows often assign a low sample rate to new devices, which can cause problems of this nature. You can choose a higher frequency as well as any bit of depth!
- Right-click the volume icon in the lower right corner of the screen and select Sounds. Alternatively, open the Control Panel of your PC and set the “View by” option to “Large Icons”. Then find the Sounds option and click on it to open the same window.
- Click on the Playback tab of the Sounds window that just opened.
- Left-click Logitech Speakers and click the Properties button. Click the Advanced tab in the Speaker Properties window and check the “Default Format” box. Click to open a drop-down menu.
- You can choose between different qualities and sampling rates to experiment with. However, make sure that the lowest value is 2 channels, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality). Make sure your speakers are working properly now!
Audio Enhancement Resolution
You can disable all enhancements for a particular playback device. This will prevent your Logitech speakers from being misused, and they may not work for a while. Be sure to enable the enhancements in the properties window of your speakers!
- Right-click on the volume icon in the lower right corner of the screen and select “Sounds”. Another option would be to open your PC Control Panel and set the “Show By” option to “Large Icons”. Then find the Sounds option and click on it to open the same window.
- Click on the “Playback” tab of the “Sounds” window you just opened.
- Left-click on your device and click “Properties”. Click on the Extensions tab in the Properties window and uncheck the box next to “Disable all extensions”. Click OK and verify that your Logitech speakers are now working!
Disable exclusive access through your speakers
If you’re having problems with your Logitech speakers, you need to make sure that no other application is trying to take exclusive control of your speakers. If they do, other applications won’t be able to access it and you won’t be able to run it. To disable it, follow these steps!
- Right-click the volume icon on the taskbar and select Sounds. If this icon is not on the taskbar, you can find the sound settings by opening the Control Panel, changing the display to Category, and selecting Hardware and Sound -> Sound.
- Check that the speakers are enabled in the Playback tab. Click on this tab by clicking at the top of the window and locating the speakers you are using. It should be at the top and selected.
- Click on it once, and then click the “Properties” button in the lower right corner of the window. In the properties window that opens, check the Use this device checkbox and select the Use this device (enable) option if it has not already been checked and apply the changes.
- In the same properties window, click the Advanced tab and select the Exclusive Mode check box.
- Uncheck the “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and “Give priority to applications in exclusive mode” boxes. Apply these changes and ensure your Logitech speakers now work properly!
Troubleshoot audio playback problems
The first thing you need to do to fix this problem is to troubleshoot your speakers. Windows 10 can automatically detect if certain problems are occurring with audio devices connected to your computer and act accordingly. Be sure to follow these steps to start both troubleshooting.
- Find Settings on the Start menu and click on the first result. You can also click the gear button in the lower-left corner of the Start menu or use the Windows+I keyboard shortcut.
- Find the Updates and Security section at the bottom of the Settings window and click on it.
- Go to the Troubleshooting tab and look under Startup and Operation.
- Sound Troubleshooting should be at the bottom of the page. Click on it and follow the instructions on the screen to run it.
- Make sure the problem is fixed and your Logitech speakers are working!
Install the latest audio drivers
Many users have reported that they were able to fix the problem by simply reinstalling the drivers for their audio devices. This method is easy to implement and well worth your time. Try it below!
- Click on the “Start” menu at the bottom left of your screen, then type in “Device Manager” and select it from the list of available results by simply clicking on the first one.
- You can also press the Windows + R key combination to bring up the “Run” dialog box. Type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box and click OK to run it.
- Since you want to update the headphone driver, open the “Sound, Video and Game Controllers” section. Right-click the audio driver in the list and select Update Driver from the context menu.
- In the new window, select Automatically check for updated drivers and wait for the utility to find new drivers.
- Make sure your Logitech speakers are working properly on your computer!
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Logitech speakers aren't working, you may have "Sound Enhancement" turned off. You can check this in the speaker's properties. If this is the case, the problem can be solved by simply enabling Audio Enhancement.
- Press the volume "-" and "Power" buttons simultaneously for at least six seconds.
- You will hear a beep indicating that the reset is complete, after which your speaker should be turned off. This reset will return your speaker to its default settings.
- Turn on your speaker using the power button.
Click or double-click on the "Hardware and Sound" or "Sound" icon. On Windows XP and earlier, under "Sound," click "Manage Audio Devices." In the "Sound" window, on the "Playback" tab, locate the recording for the speakers connected to your computer. Right-click on the speaker input and select Set as Default Device.
Check your speaker connections. Check the cables on the back of your speakers to make sure they are connected properly. If one of the connections is loose, plug it back in to secure the connection. A loose connection may be the reason why the speakers are not outputting sound.