Microsoft Outlook is one of the most widely used email applications and integrates well with several Microsoft applications. It is typically used by Windows users but can run on both Windows and MAC. As of this writing, the latest version of Outlook is Outlook 2016. Any application running on the Windows platform will occasionally generate errors. Error 0x80070002 is a Windows error, but it also occurs in Outlook.
What causes Outlook error 0x80070002?
The main problem of this Outlook error is that the file structure is corrupt or the directory where this email client wanted to create personal storage table files or PST files is not available. And sometimes, if you have already created an account in the client, you have problems sending or receiving emails.
How to repair Outlook error code 0x80070002?
Changing settings in the Windows registry
- Go to C: UserName and create a new folder for the PST files.
- Press Windows + R and type Regedit in the Run field. This will open the registry editor page.
- Navigate to this location –
- Once you’ve reached this location, click Outlook in the left pane, then right-click on the empty space in the right pane.
- Select New > String Value.
- In the Edit String dialog box, type a name for the ForcePSTPath value and click OK.
- Now find this ForcePSTPath value in the same window, right-click it, and select Edit.
- Enter the path to the Outlook PST folder you just created here – C: UserName in step 1. Then click OK.
- Exit the registry editor page.
- Restart the Microsoft Outlook application and try again to create a new Outlook account.
If the Windows file structure is corrupted, you cannot simply repair the file structure. An alternative solution is to reinstall the Windows operating system. However, this method requires a lot of time and effort, so you may not want to use it.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check this by finding and opening the path manually and trying to open it through Windows Explorer. To fix it, we will use the registry method to change the path and force Outlook to use a different location.
Error code: 0x80070002". Windows Update Error is usually caused by a time/date problem, file or registry corruption, and it's not hard to fix. The error occurs when the system update fails, and this error causes a data matching problem. Therefore, deleting these corrupted files helps to fix the error.
- Reboot your computer.
- Launch SFC and CHKDSK.
- Windows 10 Update.