Discord is a very popular VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) chat application that is popular with gamers. Although the platform was originally used by gamers, more and more non-gamers have started using it as a collaboration and team chat application.
The platform has many great features, and one of them is the amazing built-in search bar, which allows you to search efficiently by adding filters to your search results. But unfortunately, many users run into the problem that Discord searches don’t work. This can be very frustrating if you need to find an old Discord message urgently.
To help you solve the problem when Discord search doesn’t work, we’ve outlined in this article all the possible solutions you can try to be able to search in Discord smoothly.
What causes Discord search failure in Windows 10?
- Problems with Discord servers.
- Slow or inactive Internet connection on the user side.
- Using an old and outdated version of the app.
How do I fix a Discord search that doesn’t work on Windows 10?
Update your Discord by restarting it
- Go to the bottom right of the Windows taskbar and right-click on the Discord icon.
- On the context menu, click Exit Discord.
- Open the Discord client again and it will start the update process.
Check your Internet connection
- Unplug your Internet router from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the power button on the back of the router for about 15 seconds until the router completely shuts down.
- Then wait about 5 minutes, reconnect the router and press the power button to reboot it.
Checking for problems with the Discord server
- Click here to open the Discord status page.
- A pop-up window lets you check if there are problems with the server and if its services (API or gateway) are affected.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see all current and past issues with Discord services.