The isDone.dll error in Windows 10 is mostly related to the installation of computer games and large programs. Large games or programs contain compressed data that is unpacked on your hard drive during installation. This takes up both your computer memory and your hard drive.
If your PC’s memory or hard drive is insufficient to handle the process during installation, your computer may experience this error.
What is missing ISDone.dll?
ISDone.dll is necessary for the successful installation of many different applications, especially graphically demanding applications such as high-end games. This is why the error message “ISDone.dll is missing” usually appears when a computer game installation fails. The “ISDone.dll is missing” error message can have several causes, but in most cases, the error is caused by a corrupt or inoperable installation file, a clean NTFS application installed on a FAT volume, or an actual missing DLL file.
How to resolve the missing ISDone.dll error?
Temporarily disable the Windows Defender firewall or antivirus program
- Type Windows Defender in the search box and select Windows Defender Firewall as the best option.
- In the left pane, click the Enable or Disable Windows Defender Firewall tab.
- In the Preferences window, select the Disable Windows Defender Firewall check box in the Private network and Public network settings. Then click OK.
- Reboot your computer and try to install the game, which returns an Isdone.dll error code. If this method doesn’t work, you can re-enable the Windows Defender firewall.
Perform a clean boot
- Open the Run dialog box, type MSConfig, and press Enter.
- In the new window, click the Services tab and uncheck Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then click Disable All and click Apply to save your changes.
- Click the Startup tab and then click Open Task Manager.
- On the Task Manager tab, you should disable all programs that may be causing the error.
- Once you have disabled all programs, close Task Manager and click OK.
- Now restart your computer and try to install the game.
Run the system file checker
- Open the command line window (Admin).
- Enter the command sfc /scannow at the extended command line and press Enter.
- Wait for a while until the scan is complete, then restart your computer.
- The errors will be automatically corrected on the next reboot.
Increase the amount of virtual memory or swap file
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box, type sysdm.CPL and press Enter to open the System Properties window.
- In the pop-up window, switch to the Advanced tab, then click Settings under Performance.
- In the Performance Options window, switch to the Advanced tab and click the Edit button in the Virtual Memory section.
- First, uncheck Automatically manage swap file size for all disks.
- Then select the Custom Sizing button and enter the increased value in the Initial Size and Maximum Size sections.
- Now click OK.
- Exit the window and restart your computer.
- Now you should increase the size of the available memory, which may help you install the game the way you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Use a third-party DLL fixer.
- Check the system requirements for the game.
- Run system file analysis.
- Install the game in Windows safe mode.
- Expand swap space.
- Disable antivirus software.
- Turn off the Windows firewall.
- Re-register ISDone.
The easiest way to fix a missing DLL file error is to restart your computer. In many cases, there are cache problems that are automatically resolved by rebooting.
That is why the error message "ISDone. dll is missing" error message usually appears when a computer game installation fails. In most cases, the error is caused by a corrupt or inoperable installation file, an NTFS-only application installed on a FAT volume, or an actual missing ISDone.
Isdone.dll error occurs when your computer cannot read installation files. The error is caused because your computer does not have enough memory (RAM / HDD) to hold the installation files in memory.