- It can occur when trying to access Microsoft OneDrive or when backing up Windows files.
- Third-party applications may be due to third-party programs that often block the Internet connection of programs that they consider a threat.
Here’s how to fix error 0x800704c7 in Windows 10 if you’re trying to install a feature update. Several methods will be shown to you to fix this error, but not all will work for everyone. The latest version of Windows 10 will allow you to fix this error, and it will also allow you to maintain optimal performance on your PC.
In full, the error message says, “There were some problems downloading some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you still see this error, search the web or contact support for help with this error code: (0x800704c7).”
As hackers continue to exploit security holes and vulnerabilities in Windows 10, updating your system is a must. Let’s take a look at what is happening.
Users are prevented from installing the latest updates on their system because 0x800704c7 indicates that a command sent to the device was canceled by the user.
It has been reported that users have received error 0x800704c7 without warning one day. Generally, the error occurs while Windows is updating, but it can also occur under other circumstances. When backing up Windows files or trying to access Microsoft OneDrive, we encountered error 0x800704c7.
In this article by Techquack, we will discuss some causes of error 0x800704c7 and offer some practical solutions to fix it.
What is the cause of Windows Update error 0x800704c7
In most cases, you will need to repair damaged files or run background processes in order to fix error 0x800704c7.
Sometimes this Windows 10 error occurs when trying to install certain updates using the Windows Update feature. Patches released by Microsoft are necessary, and your system depends on them. However, such errors may prevent you from accessing the update.
When trying to download the latest build for Windows 10, Windows Insiders running Windows 10 may encounter the error code 0xc8000402. You can work around this by joining the Release Preview Channel, installing Windows 11 (Build 22000.xxxx), then switching to the Dev or Beta Channel. An upcoming build will address this issue. We understand this issue and we will fix it.
In addition, third-party programs, including antivirus programs, may also cause this error since they often block Internet connections for programs that they consider dangerous.
Please note that this error code is also used in Windows 7 and Windows 8. Therefore, you may encounter a similar problem if you are using one of these older operating systems. Before you try any of our solutions, you should first check if your antivirus application gives you false positives, i.e. it detects clean files as malicious and does not allow them to start and go online.
How to fix Windows Update error 0x800704c7
Use SFC or DISM to restore corrupted system files
There are two command-line utilities that can be used to restore Windows system files if you experience error 0x800704c7. The first is SFC (System File Checker) and the second is DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management).
ERROR CODE 0x800704D3: Forza Horizon 4 on XBOX will not start. I feel as though I’m stuck.
Error 0x800704c7 with Windows 10: How to fix it
A system scan using SFC can resolve your corrupted system files. If SFC does not solve the problem, DISM can help. This tool performs a thorough system analysis and restores corrupt files.
- Click Run as administrator and enter the command line.
- Press Enter to initiate SFC’s detection and repair process.
sfc / scan now.
Wait for it
This method may help you if your update hangs after reaching a certain percentage. It happens that the server might take a while to complete the update from the client’s end.
The update wizard will probably work again after a few hours, so you don’t have to do anything. If it still doesn’t work, try the following solutions.
Restore your system
Using the system restore feature, you can reset your system back to a point where the error did not occur if you encounter error code 0x800704c7 after installing software or making other changes. Here’s how you can do that:
- The Control Panel can be found on the Start menu.
- Click on the Recovery button in the Recovery section.
- The next step is to open the System Restore interface.
- Click Next to proceed with Restoring System Files and Settings.
- Click Next to continue with the process of restoring your computer’s state to its previous state when a selected event occurred.
- To complete the restore, click Finish after verifying the restore point.
By using a system restore point, you can restore your computer back to its previous state. You can use the system restore point to resolve some system issues, and after that, you should be able to see if the error code 0x800704c7 has been resolved.
Disable antivirus program
As a result of this interference, error code 0x800704c7 can occur. Third-party antivirus software even if it can protect your computer, can also cause it to malfunction.
To resolve the problem, you should disable your third-party antivirus software. Once your antivirus software is disabled, restart your computer.
Download the latest KB
It may be a good idea to download the latest KB if the error persists. Here are the steps:
- The Settings app can be opened by pressing Windows + I on your keyboard.
- You can find it by clicking on “Updates and Security.”.
- On the right sidebar, you need to click on View update history in the Windows Update section.
- You can find the latest KB code on Microsoft’s update site. When you find the code, you can go to the update site to see it.
- Depending on your version of Windows, you may need to download it.
You can check if the problem has been solved after the download and installation have been completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 0x800704c7?
Error 0x800704c7 is caused by missing/damaged files or background processes that conflict with the update, so you cannot get the latest update. Sometimes this Windows 1o error appears when you try to install certain updates using the Windows Update feature.
Where can I download updates from Microsoft?
- Access the Windows Update catalog. To access the Windows Update catalog, visit the following Microsoft website.
- Search for updates in the Windows Update catalog.
- Download updates.
What does it mean to reload Windows Update?
It means that the Windows Update process is preparing to install the update, and all prerequisites have been met.
How do I fix error 0x80070002?
- Click on "Control Panel.
- Open "Date and Time
- Click on "Change the date and time" and make adjustments if necessary.
- Set your time zone before clicking "OK."
- Click the "Internet Time" tab before selecting "Change Settings."
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.