Damaged user profiles are a common problem in Windows, especially in 7 and Vista, and the solution depends on what kind of error message you get. Here we explain how to fix the problem or, if necessary, create a new account and migrate your data to the new profile.
The problem occurs when you enter your password on the Windows login screen and press Enter. Usually, the error message “User profile service not logged in” and “Unable to load user profile” is displayed and returns you to the login screen.
What causes the “User Profile Service failed to connect” error message?
When you try to log into your Windows account, you get the following error message “The User Profile Service failed the logon”, which is due to the fact that your user profile is corrupted after a Windows update or malware. This problem affects not only you, but many others as well. The solution to this problem is quite simple and easy.
How to resolve the “User profile service failed to log in” problem?
Use the safe mode of Windows 10
- Reboot your computer several times until you see an automatic restore.
- Select Advanced Settings>Troubleshooting>Advanced Settings.
- Then click on Startup Settings.
- Select Restart.
- Press 4 to enable Safe Mode. Enable the built-in administrator.
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command at the prompt: net user administrator /active: yes (pay attention to the spaces).
- Log off the current user and log on with the administrator account enabled.
- If the diagnostic succeeds, repeat the above steps and change “yes” to “no” to disable the administrator account.
Create a new user account
- Activate the hidden administrator account by opening Command and typing net user administrator /active : yes.
- Open Settings and select Accounts.
- Click on Family and Others and select Add someone else to this PC.
- At the bottom of the window you will see the message I have no login information for this person; click on it.
- Another prompt to create an account will appear. Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- The Create Account dialog box will appear, enter your username and password, and click Next.
- Restart your computer and log in with your new account information.
Activate the user profile service
- First, boot the system into safe mode.
- Once you’re in safe mode, go to the next step.
- Click on the search box and type cmd.
- Then right-click and click Run as administrator.
- Enter the following commands at the command prompt window, one after the other
sc config ProfSvc start= auto
sc start ProfSvc
- Now restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Disable the client software
- Press Windows + R to open a command prompt.
- Type gpedit.MSC here and press Enter.
- Now expand the Computer Configuration section.
- Click Administrative Templates.
- In the right pane, double-click the System folder.
- Now click Internet Communications Management.
- Under Internet Communications Management, double-click the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program entry in the right pane.
- Finally, click Enabled to save your changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Enter Settings in the Desktop search box and select Settings.
- Here, select Change PC settings, then General.
- Scroll down to Advanced Startup and click Restart Now.
- Click on Troubleshooting, Advanced Options, and Startup Options.
- Click Restart, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.
- Turn off your computer, then reboot it.
- Locate the HP SimplePass software.
- Create a new copy of your user account.
- Completely delete the profile using the Microsoft Fix it solution.
When you try to log in to your Windows account, you get the following error message "User profile service could not log in", which is because your user profile has been corrupted by a Windows update or malware. You are not the only one affected by this problem, many others are suffering from it as well. You should be able to log in in safe mode without any problems.